Working with Emotional, Psychological and Psychosomatic Symptoms
This class will introduce you to Alchemical Acupuncture and suggest practical ways you can safely begin to work in your existing practice with many of the tools introduced. Alchemical Acupuncture is the system of psychological and psychosomatic healing that Lorie developed, organized around her original work with wushen, the Five Spirits, and concepts /skills drawn from Taoist philosophy and psychology, European Five Element acupuncture, and modern depth psychology.
This class will be beneficial if you work with patients suffering from anxiety, insomnia, stress, functional chronic pain and depression, or people who are looking to use Chinese Medicine as a way to stay healthy, find their Tao, and cultivate a meaningful life.
What You’ll Learn:
- To understand the distinguishing features of Alchemical Acupuncture and its roots in Taoist philosophy, and recognize appropriate clinical applications of an alchemical approach.
- To become familiar with the basic philosophy of Taoist alchemy and be able to share these ideas with patients.
- To learn points that can be used to support the health of the Five Spirits and how needling can touch the spirit level.
- To learn safe ways to apply essential oils to points and five oils that can be used to work with the shen.
- To recognize limits of scope of practice, be familiar with basic psychological red flags, and know when to refer patients in need of further support.
This course has been approved for 6 PDA Points with the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) – all in the PE-CW (Coursework) category – and 6 CEUs with the California Acupuncture Board.