JOIN THE WAITING LIST FOR THE NEXT MENTORSHIP
The Level I Alchemical Healing Mentorship is a living laboratory where acupuncturists and other health care practitioners explore concepts, tools, and skills that touch the soul. The goal of this program is to discover the gold in the lead of human suffering and foster healing that results in transformation – the emergence of new possibilities – in our own and patients’ lives.
The training merges Eastern and Western alchemical traditions and combines Lorie’s original work with the Five Spirits of traditional Chinese medicine, Five Element medical theory, and Taoist alchemical principles with Western archetypal psychology and somatic psychotherapy. Each weekend is dedicated to a deep immersion in the elements and spirits of the season. As we follow the unfolding of the Five Element Wheel in real time, we embody the potency of the foundational theories of Chinese medicine and discover our own alchemy, our own way of touching our patients at the deepest levels. Each participant will also receive a single one-on-one personal Evolutionary Astrological session with Benjamin to support their work through the year.
The Mentorship embraces change as a creative process that actively engages every aspect of our being. It supports practitioners in discovering new and effective multi-faceted treatment protocols that address the physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of healing.
The program mixes theoretical exploration, practical hands-on skills development, relevant background readings and clinical case supervisions supported by ongoing personal inner work and a vibrant group learning community. By the end of this year, you will gain proficiency in:
- understanding and working with basic alchemical principles,
- enhanced sensitivity to subtle energies,
- deep listening and somatic awareness practices that allow you to “get” what your patients really want you to know,
- recognizing and working with interpersonal field dynamics in clinical practice,
- crafting an intake process that opens the door to alchemical work,
- Five Element diagnosis: using Color, Sound, Odor, and Emotion to determine elemental imbalances,
working with wushen – the Five Spirits – the foundation of Chinese medical psychology and Taoist spiritual alchemy,
the use of Yi – intention – to direct and stabilize treatment,
- unblocking techniques, root treatments and alchemical treatment protocols,
- Inner Sensing – a technique that will allow you to discover the nature and use of points, medicinals, and essential oils through your own intuition and vision,
- treatment techniques for working with the Shen – the finest aspect of qi, including spirit level needling, moxibustion, conscious touch, Inner Sensing-oriented pulse diagnosis, and the application of essential oils and flower essences specific to each of the Elements and Spirits,
- and practices that support, cultivate, and protect the energy of practitioners who work at this level.
This year-long Mentorship is a professional training program geared towards licensed acupuncturists. It is also open to other licensed health care professionals who want to develop their capacity to work on the body/mind/spirit continuum. We do make exceptions for committed individuals who work in other fields as well as students who are not yet licensed; however, in these cases, we require a preliminary phone interview in order to make sure the program is right for you.
We are presently revising the Level 1 Alchemical Healing Mentorship in order to offer the curriculum in an online format with optional in-person components that will make the program available to people all over the world! We plan to begin the next round of registration in mid-2018 in conjunction with the publication of Lorie’s second book.
The Alchemical Healing Mentorship: Level 1 is approved for 85 PDA Points with the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). It is also approved for CEU credit with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences for LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, and LPCCs and with the California Acupuncture Board for CEUs.